Hello travel lovers!
New York is the city that everyone should visit at least once in their life. There are so many iconic movies and famous songs devoted to this fabulous city. Everyone could find their place in New York, it is metropolitan city where you can see and hear many cultures and languages mixed together. Today is the first part of my Travel diary, with the second part following soon ;-).
Start exploring the city from these amazing places and see New York from above!
1. Empire State Building – this is classic! If it is your first time in NYC, definitely go there. The only drawback (in my opinion) is that you can’t actually see this iconic building from there 😦 However there are plenty of places in New York where you can see Empire State Building and not only from the above!
2. One World Observatory – located on the 100th, 101st and 102nd floors of One World Trade Center, one of the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere. Depending on what you would like to see from above, this could be the complementary visit to the other panoramic views from the center of Manhattan. After of before the visit, go down to the spectacular shopping center, not for shopping – for inspiration :-).
- Whether or not you are going to see NYC from One World Observatory, Memorial World Trade center is the place to see. 9/11 Memorial Museum and 9/11 Memorial Plaza – all of those located close to each other, if you do not have time to visit the museum, you have to see the memorial – The 8-acre park and the largest manmade waterfalls (in the size of original Twin Towers) in the US.
- Also not far away you’ll find famous Wall Street and New York Stock Exchange. It is a remarkable place, especially if you are interested in finance, but there is nothing amazing to see. But if you are already there, why not to check it out? 🙂
And, of course, the symbol of the Wall Street – the Bull 🙂
3. Top of the Rock – my personal favorite! Located in the middle of Manhattan, you see the Central park on one side and the Empire State Building on the other side. The best views! We’ve been there during the day, but at night we went to the Bar Sixty-Five, located at the same place.
4. Bar Sixty-Five – iconic place, iconic bar. But let be honest, the design is not that modern as other popular bars in NYC, but cocktails and food are great!
5. Central Park – because the park is surrounded by very heavy urban area, from there you’ll have a great view of the city. On top of this it is absolutely free!
You can capture an amazing views from here, especially during the sunny day.
New York Central Park is the most frequently visited urban park in the US, it is the best place in the city where to enjoy the sun & nature. Also I am sure you’ve heard about famous Squirrels ;-).
Squirrels are staying within the park all year round. They are very cute and friendly (my personal experience 🙂 ).
Below is my favorite shot 🙂 🙂 🙂 After the walk in the Central Park, I suggest you to go for lunch to my favorite place Le Pain Quortidien. It is actually Belgian Cafe serving healthy food, organic beverages and homemade bread. I love their healthy recipes, as well as great taste of everything I ‘ve tried there 🙂 However if you don’t have a chance to go to the Le Pain Quortidien in Central Park, you’ll find this Cafe in other places in NYC. Check for addresses here 😉
6. Manhattan bridge & Brooklyn bridge – both Bridges are famous, the part of the Brooklyn Bridge has designed specifically for walking purposes. It has an open air promenade that is elevated above the traffic. To avoid crowd try to come early in the morning in order to fully enjoy the gorgeous views of the city! Manhattan bridge is not so crowded and you can see iconic Brooklyn bridge from here, but in my opinion it is more lovely to walk Brooklyn bridge.
The view from the Brooklyn bridge is also great:
I you have any comments, or you’d like to share your own experience, please feel free to comment. I’d like to know what is your feeling about NYC. Cheers 😉