I’m so happy that summer is just around the corner! Although it lasts only a few months, for me it is probably the most well-planned season in terms of outfits and wardrobe in general. It is a real pleasure to plan what to wear when you’ll be on vacation, isn’t it? 🙂
We all have different budgets, but for the main spring/ summer accessory – sunglasses, I suggest you don’t compromise on quality. Of course, the high-end designer sunglasses are not for everyone, they tend to be overpriced due to the famous designer names and if you are not the one who is ready to pay for this, have a look at specialised brands that produce high-quality sunglasses at acceptable price.
For me it is important to support the socially conscious businesses, especially now when fast-fashion is leading the market (and also our minds 😦 ). Warby Parker is the company that aims to help people through out the world by introducing the program “Buy a Pair, Give a Pair”, that means that for every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need. How great is this initiative! Moreover Warby Parker is also one of the only carbon-neutral eyewear brands in the world and they adhere to fair working conditions to all their employees – from head office to factories.
On top of that, Warby Parker offers designer eyewear at a revolutionary price meanwhile their designs could satisfy the wishes of even very demanding customers.
There is always a question – what to choose? 🙂 Classic or trendy sunglasses?
I would say – invest in classic items first and when you have well-selected high quality classic sunglasses start thinking about trendy items. There is no right number how many sunglasses we need, for instance, I buy one pair almost every spring/ summer season. But I am having the constant number of 4-5 sunglasses because I usually donate the pair that I’m not wearing anymore.
The classic sunglasses don’t have to be boring! Some interesting details, colorful accents, combination of different materials are the perfect ways to add a touch of individuality to otherwise classic sunglasses. My absolute favorites in this category are those 3 pairs of sunglasses:
- Raider – gold sunglasses with brown gradient lenses. Classic Aviator Style Shape!
- Pearl – jet black sunglasses with grey gradient lenses. Cat eye sunglasses are such a classic! Perfect sunglasses to flatter your face shape! From Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Princess Diana to nowadays – this pair of sunglasses is so chic, so timeless and so up-to-date!
- Yates – acorn tortoise. I am absolutely in love with the color and the custom metal end pieces. It makes the sunglasses look modern and timeless at the same time!
All 3 pairs suit almost every face shape and this is the beauty of classic items!
However every year designers are showing their new styles inspired by new season’s trends and Warby Parker is not an exception! Their new summer eyewear collection is full of colors and lightweight translucent frames – these sunglasses are fun to wear and you can mix and match them with your outfits!
My favorites that I could imagine myself wearing this summer are those beauties:
- Warby Parker Raglan sunglasses. Transparent nude frame will look great with lightweight summer dresses and will add a touch of chic to your final look.
- Warby Parker Flynn sunglasses. Those pink sunglasses will add a spirit of adventure to your summer! They will definitely refresh your outfit and draw attention not only to your eyes, but also to your personality!
I am a big fun of online shopping, but when it comes to sunglasses it seems to be complicated even for me. However Warby Parker absolutely nailed the problem by offering customers to try frames at home! How it works? You choose up to 5 frames that you like and try them at home – no stress, no time pressure! I would say that it is the great and easy way to choose summer accessories that you would wear during the holiday season!
Good luck and I wish we all have a great summer! 🙂 Cheers!